Sunday, February 4, 2018

being Meryl Streep


Although this quote has been floating around the internet as something attributed to Meryl Streep it rightfully belongs to Portuguese self-help author José Micard Teixeira.


I choose to relate more to the idea of the words originating from Meryl Streep though. A woman in charge and with the resolve to stand up for what she believes in. That is brave. 

I would have loved to have grown up alongside Meryl in my pretentious little home town with its strictly defined pecking order. What a hoot it would have been to experience her first hand throwing a wrench into polite society chit chat. Wreaking havoc amidst pretentious pretenders, voicing scathing displeasure in her full bodied enunciation and full blooded elegance. What a treat!


I no longer have patience for certain things, not because I’ve become arrogant, but simply because I reached a point in my life where I do not want to waste more time with what displeases me or hurts me.

What a delight it would be to watch her take down some bully of a classmate who was mean and cruel with such impunity. 

I have no patience for cynicism, excessive criticism and demands of any nature.

Imagine La Streep in all her full blown glory blazing down like Valkyrie to whip lash some demanding brat with her well honed sharp tongue.

I lost the will to please those who do not like me, to love those who do not love me and to smile at those who do not want to smile at me.

To stand unreasonable and unapologetic beside such a powerful harridan, unshakable and proud like her. 

I no longer spend a single minute on those who lie or want to manipulate.

Firmly dismissive of every home grown gossip and vile rumor mongerer, not letting them anywhere close. 

I decided not to coexist anymore with pretense, hypocrisy, dishonesty and cheap praise. I do not tolerate selective erudition nor academic arrogance. I do not adjust either to popular gossiping. I hate conflict and comparisons.

Sure and definite in this preference for a better, more conscious human being.

I believe in a world of opposites and that’s why I avoid people with rigid and inflexible personalities.

Remaining honorable and respecting all - inclusive and open hearted even with those we do not know, understand, or even appreciate.

In friendship I dislike the lack of loyalty and betrayal.

Appreciating quality relationships and holding that person accountable and admirable.

I do not get along with those who do not know how to give a compliment or a word of encouragement.

Being generous, supportive, and empowering at any opportunity.

Exaggerations bore me and I have difficulty accepting those who do not like animals.

Having lofty ideals and dreams yet remaining well grounded and real.

And on top of everything I have no patience for anyone who does not deserve my patience.

Willing to call a turkey out no matter how uncomfortable that choice is. I would have loved to have grown up just like this.

In the words of another stellar person and powerful healer. . . .
Healing is not necessarily about curing. As your inner light grows, anything is possible.” ~ Alberto Villoldo, Ph.D

No comments:

Post a Comment