Monday, October 31, 2016

home, haven, heaven

As a feisty and fierce woman I am not easily bullied or harassed.

When boarding the bus with a man-ling in line ahead spraying his kaka all over our late bus, over crowded with steaming rain soaked bodies of tired commuters eager to get home, it takes great effort to rein in a sharp tongue and prickly temper.

But I do.

The Enlightened. . . .yogi by Sanjay Sonawani

When calling on a loved one and they answer all snappy and ill tempered, cutting one off even before the first word, I don't just wonder why they bothered to take the call, I seethe and fight the urge to lash out and madly slash and burn away.

Yet I manage to.

When some ass takes my money happily enough, fails to deliver the goods and then insults us both further with defensiveness and deflection, my initial instinct is to make this poor ingrate profoundly sorry for the trouble.

Although doable it is definitely not recommended.

Our world is no longer the safe haven children were raised to expect. It is peopled with many who test and challenge our trust and belief in them and our selves. It is fraught with friction and fear mongering over all things big and petty.

I make my stand, hopefully with more grace and kindness as I practice more. Difficult as it is to keep my heart open and my self vulnerable, I choose this because another option is all too sad and awful.

I surrender as I become more allowing, feeling my way towards my inner being and heart center.

I trust in a better and brighter outcome.

Happy Holidays folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment