Saturday, August 10, 2019

pen & ink

Unpacking my art supplies after so long is like being reunited with long lost friends. Which is exactly what these instruments of delight are.

my final pen & ink colored sketch

Although I am unused to using them and have to reacquaint myself with each one. As my hand grasps and gropes awkwardly. Tiring all too soon.


For practice I return to my Entangled coloring book by Angela Porter. As I did when I first got this I work on inking in more lines.




Then little by little I layer on colors. Using colored pencils, felt tip pens and brushes. In varying thickness.


This puts me in a meditative zone. Removing all tension and tightness. Just blissfully taking my pen or pencil and letting the printed line take me where it pleases.


Releasing and freeing me from having to create my own art from scratch.


I merely focus on steadying my drawing hand. Evening out my lines and strokes. Familiarizing myself with all my tools and techniques.


After a few practice runs I even manage to create a couple of free hand drawn mandalas of my own. Using some Pilot pens with extra fine Platinum nibs.


Some mindful meditation moves to get me started and aligned back with my art practice. Namaste'.

No comments:

Post a Comment