Thursday, October 25, 2018

wishing on 1.6 billion stars

Photo Credit: Jack Fusco, Star Trails, New Jersey. 

The stars twinkled in the sky.
In space - billions of universes.
Silence.

Resting my forehead in my hand and thinking.
I do not dream.
A big Reality has awoken me,
A truth that strikes the eye,
The truth that is being, visible, unique,

Eternal:
I - under this huge starry dome,
I - perceiving its entirety with my brain,
I relish it, I become one with myself
And slowly - inside - I am restored to myself:
To profound joy and perfect rhythm.

All my thoughts, words and deeds
Were only bringing me closer
To universal embrace:
Here I am resting joyfully in myself,
Wrapped in deep silence on all sides,
And my heart beats in the rhythm of everything
Which surrounds me.

Enough. No need for words.

~ Julian Tuwim, translated by Adrian Thomas. http://tmblr.co/ZjYlFyVzI5BX

Image from "Your Shot," National Geographic. Taken on April 19, 2012, in Strathmere, New Jersey. These star trails show the Milky Way rising over the Atlantic Ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment