Thursday, June 11, 2020

junk politics & bad leadership

I got this email in my junk folder today and that is where it belongs.

Joe Biden 
Tue 09-Jun-20 2:43 PM



When I decided to run for president, I never expected that so much of our campaign would be run from a distance. More than anything else, I wish I could be out on the trail, in the streets, speaking with and learning from supporters like you each and every day.
But we have a collective duty to the greater good that extends beyond adhering to social distancing. We have an obligation to fulfill the founding ideals of this country, and that demands a swift and overwhelming change in leadership. 
We now have fewer than five months to achieve that. Put simply: It's go time. My campaign and the DNC have been working tirelessly to transition our most immediate organizing and fundraising efforts online. 
From expanding our digital organizing capacity to improving our tech and data infrastructure, we are reaching folks all over the country and spreading our message of a better tomorrow. 
But this requires a tremendous amount of resources, and at this early stage of the election, we cannot afford to scale back our efforts one bit as we take on Donald Trump and the RNC.
Joe Biden wears a black mask
 a masked mess

[C]an I count on you to split a $10 donation between my campaign and the DNC today so that we can take back the White House and elect Democrats down the ballot? We are in the fight for the soul of our nation, and we need everyone on board as we enter the early stages of the general election.

It could well be a phishing email. Asking for money makes it suspicious at best and dishonest at the worst. Truth or fake I do not like it and can honestly say I loathe its every word.

Whether he ever made the statement or not the word choice seems too believably Joe Biden.

When I decided to run for president, I never expected that so much of our campaign would be run from a distance. More than anything else, I wish I could be out on the trail, in the streets, speaking with and learning from supporters like you each and every day.

Really? In the grand scheme of things - things being today's nationwide protests on top of frigging COVID-19 - Biden chose to lead with this? More than anything else? Really?!?

I could thing of at least three life changing things, a dozen systemic changes to address, yada yada yada. Just saying.

We have an obligation to fulfill the founding ideals of this country, and that demands a swift and overwhelming change in leadership. 

Sadly, the obligation is not this country's founding ideals - the same bullshit that got this nation in this mess from the get go. Oh no, definitely not those white supremacist ideals!

Swift and overwhelming are not traits Joe Biden possesses although some women have claimed his hands are fast enough to overwhelm them.

Urgent as we need a change in our nation's leadership, again Biden is not that man. He is more the business as usual corporate tycoon that we wish to be rid of. He only shows up better now because his opponent happens to be Donald J. Trump.

I could continue on about this letter but I believe I have made myself abundantly clear by now. As we are seriously contemplating defunding the police I say let us defund both the Democrats and the Republicans now.

Time to start from scratch once more. After all we sure are down in the dregs.

We are in  the fight for the soul of our nation and we need to do much better than just Joe Biden.

No comments:

Post a Comment