Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Why vote?

American politics has gotten so warped and deluded. In this Trumpian era it is positively surreal.

Being a rebel, relocated as I may be, I refuse to be stumped by disgruntled disillusion.


To float my cork, I make sure I get my weekly dose of Tea Leoni as Madame Secretary, Elizabeth McCord.

Yes. Why not?

If politics in America is fiction and illusion, polished off with the high gleam of a Hollywoodized media coverage, I would rather get my updates from her than from Trump and his minions.

Thank you very much.


If you think this is too far fetched, read the transcript of this short video clip on her take of why we vote.


01:09 You're not even listening to me.
01:11 Oh, I got the gist. Your guy compromised,
01:15 and now you're checking out of the process completely?
01:21 Look, there will be other elections.
01:21 No. Uh-uh. Nope.
01:26 I am sorry that you were disillusioned.
01:29 Get used to it, Alison, because democracy is flawed.
01:33 And the next candidate who doesn't let you down will be the first.
01:37 I just flew halfway around the world to recover the bodies of patriots
01:41 who gave their lives to protect this country.
01:44 They died along with hundreds of thousands
01:47 of Americans in too many wars
01:50 so Alison McCord could have the right to vote.
01:52 And you won't honor that
01:54 because your guy caved on a single issue?


And if you're still not convinced, ask John Oliver and see what he has to say about voting.

In case you haven't yet, it's not too late. Go vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment