Tuesday, May 19, 2015

a child of G0D

Risking redundancy, I am following up on last week's post with yet another song I can't get out of my head. 


I came upon a child of God
He was walking along the road
And I asked him where are you going
And this he told me
~ Joni Mitchell, Woodstock (1969) 

On a similar stuck in the same groove vein, I was so struck by a retelling of the birth of Venus myth in Cathy Pagano's latest Cosmic Storynewsletter that I have been re-posting it all over. 

Why? I don't know! And I unreasonably do not care if I do or don't. So here goes. 

I'm going on down to Yasgur's farm
I'm going to join in a rock 'n' roll band
I'm going to camp out on the land
I'm going to try and get my soul free


The planet Venus is named for the Roman version of the Greek Aphrodite, the primordial Goddess who arose from Mother Ocean’s union with the severed phallus of the sky god, Uranus. This myth tells us a deep spiritual truth about life here on Earth. 

In the beginning, our collective unconscious (Mother Ocean) took in heaven’s generative codes (Uranus’ phallus) and gave birth to our collective evolutionary purpose, which is to embody the archetypal energy of Aphrodite (Venus) - love, beauty, wisdom and the awakening of the psyche or soul within each of us. 

We are stardust
We are golden
And we've got to get ourselves 
Back to the garden

No comments:

Post a Comment