Thursday, August 1, 2013

ghosts from the past

It never ceases to amaze me who shows up to greet me for my birthday each year. Now that my birth month is done I can officially say my birthday acknowledgements are finally over.

There are my all time predictables - mostly family & long-time friends. Whether they greet me early, on time or belatedly - it's always a warm & fuzzy pleasure to hear from them.

There are the social media savvy - those close & dear sending greetings from casual to sappy - as well as passing acquaintances or former friends & colleagues grown distant - be it thru time or presence or convenience or the lack of either.

Every year though, some long lost one or two pop up to surprise me & spice things up. Memories stir, feelings are rekindled, conversations ignited. Whether we find ourselves back in the groove or orbiting in different spheres - reconnections are made however brief or long lasting.

Intangibles are made tangible as magic manifests once again. Travel the world & the seven seas. Everybody's looking for something. Sweet dreams are made of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment