Sunday, July 17, 2011

wild & vulnerable

I listened to the Eurithmics song, 17 Again.  Love that Annie Lennox! 

The YouTube video reminded me that yup!  those times where like negotiating thru a war zone and mine field of an untamed heart and primal instincts.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k-hU_YPL7o&feature=related

Today I am comforted by the wisdom in Rumi's ecstatic poetry. . . .

Love came, and became like blood in my body.
It rushed through my veins and encircled my heart.
Everywhere I looked, I saw one thing.

Love's name written. . . .   
on my limbs, on my left palm, on my forehead,
on the back of my neck, on my right big toe. . . . 

Oh, my friend, all that you see of me
is just a shell, and the rest belongs to love. . . . 

Mawlana Jalal Al-Din Al-Rumi
Philosopher, Sage & Sufi Saint

No comments:

Post a Comment