Friday, November 12, 2010

be a happiness projector!

some simple mood boosters
contributed by Issa Urra - http://bhakticd.org & http://changewarrior.blogspot.com/

Let us admit it – no matter how many things we have to be grateful for, there are just some things in life that can really get us down. So here are a few simple ways to snap out of it! 

1. Take a break. Get quiet and focus on some simple task – like listen to a favorite song, watch a show, take a walk, bake a cake or have a nap. Do whatever it takes to interrupt your negative thinking or bad mood.

2. Be grateful. Take a moment to appreciate things. Count your blessings – my health, my husband, my sense of humor, my garden. It puts things in perspective.

3. Play. Be childlike and not childish – enjoy, have fun and be delighted. Incorporate play into your daily routine and have a good belly laugh as often as you can.

4. Pray. There are those times in life when I need to call on a higher power. Prayer works – keep your faith. And trust divine guidance to help you with the problem you are facing.

http://www.happiness-project.com/ - THE HAPPINESS PROJECT, is a memoir of the year I spent test-driving the wisdom of the ages, the current scientific studies, and the lessons from popular culture about how to be happy--from Aristotle to Martin Seligman to Thoreau to Oprah.

THE HAPPINESS PROJECT hit the shelves in December 2009 (Harper) and, happily, was a #1 New York Times bestseller. As one of the hundreds of happiness experiments I conducted during the research and writing of the book, I started this blog. Here, I recount my daily adventures in pursuit of happiness. – GRETCHEN RUBIN 

No comments:

Post a Comment