Saturday, April 20, 2019

casa azul

“Never in life will I forget your presence. You found me torn apart and you took me back full and complete”. Frida Kahlo




The creative universe of Frida Kahlo is to be found in the Blue House, the place where she was born, where she painted as she convalescedand where she died. 



After ten years of living in and around the same neighborhood I have found my very own Casa Azul in my little barrio of Union City, New Jersey




Resting on an incline the house sits at the foot of a hill on the corner of 18th Street and Mountain Road high up on the ridge edge overlooking Hoboken




Built in 1910 the clapboard structure is long and narrow with alcove windows in front and big paned windows on one side and along the back to let in lots of sunlight all year long. 




The streets are wide, clean and quiet, lined on either side with lots of trees. A strong breeze whips up the cliff walls from the Hudson River far below. Across the water is the majestic Manhattan skyline. 




I can just watch the light change all day long from up here in all sorts of weather. Blessed and blissful to have found this lovely nest for myself. Looking forward to the move at the end of the month. 



No comments:

Post a Comment